Main Article Content
Purpose: The aim of this paper is to address the challenges faced by Travel Agencies in Indonesia due to the significant decrease in the tourism sector caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. The paper aims to find a solution for Travel Agencies, particularly in terms of capital.
Research methods: The paper utilizes a mixed-method research approach. The descriptive analysis method with a qualitative approach is employed to describe and summarize the current situation and conditions that Travel Agencies are facing. It also involves analyzing regulations related to the industry. Additionally, a quantitative method is used to gather information from travel agency business actors through the completion of a questionnaire.
Results and discussion: The Covid-19 pandemic has led to a significant decrease in the tourism sector in Indonesia, particularly affecting Travel Agencies, which face challenges due to suspended operational activities and a reliance on tourist visit transactions.
Implication: To address the capital needs of Travel Agencies and support their recovery, utilizing the government's national economic recovery program, including options like interest subsidies and credit restructuring at banks, is crucial.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Authority, I. Financial Services. (2021). Financial Stability Review (Speed up the Recovery, Maintain Stability).
- Balipost. (2020). Sejutaan Naker di Bali PHK. www.Balipost.com.
- Bisnis.com. (2021). Sandiaga Rayu OJK Bantu Pembiayaan Sektor Parekraf. 21 Januari 2021. https://ekonomi.bisnis.com/read/20210121/12/1345871/sandiaga-rayu-ojk-bantu-pembiayaan-sektor-parekraf
- Covid-19, S. (2020). Dana Hibah Pariwisata untuk Bangkitkan Kembali Industri Pariwisata. 22 Oktober 2020.
- Government Regulation of the Republic of Indonesia Number 23 Year 2020 about Implementation of the National Economic Recovery Program in Framework Supporting State Financial Policy for Management of the Corona Virus Pandemic Disease 2019 (Covid-19) (2020).
- Government Tourism Office, B. (2021). Rilis Data Statistik Resmi Bulan Januari 2021. 11 Maret 2021. https://disparda.baliprov.go.id/rilis-data-statistik-resmi-bulan-januari-2021/2021/03/
- Indonesia, P. I. (2021). Mengerek Angka Dana Hibah Pariwisata di 2021. 11 May 2021. https://www.indonesia.go.id/kategori/editorial/2780/mengerek-angka-dana-hibah-pariwisata-di-2021
- Jamal, T., & Budke, C. (2020). Tourism in a world with pandemics: local-global responsibility and action. Journal of Tourism Futures, 6 (2), 181–188. https://doi.org/10.1108/JTF-02-2020-0014
- Minister of Finance Regulation Number : 10/PMK.05/2009 About Amendment To Regulation Of The Minister Of Finance Number 135/PMK.05/2008 About People’s Business Credit Guarantee Facility, 2 (2009).
- Minisiter of Finance Republic of Indonesia. ( (2020). National Economic Recovery Program. https://www.kemenkeu.go.id/media/15149/program-pemulihan-ekonomi-nasional.pdf
- Ministry, & Indonesia, C. for E. A. of the R. of. (2021). KUR Tanpa Jaminan Dinaikkan dari 50 Juta menjadi 100 Juta Rupiah dan Bunga 3% sampai Desember 2021. https://www.ekon.go.id/publikasi/detail/2962/kur-tanpa-jaminan-dinaikkan-dari-50-juta-menjadi-100-juta-rupiah-dan-bunga-3-sampai-desember-2021
- Post, T. J. (2021). Australians still unable to visit Bali after drop in cases. 29 September 2021. https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2021/09/29/australians-still-unable-to-visit-bali-after-drop-in-cases.html
- Watson, A. (2020). Methods Braiding: A Technique for Arts-Based and Mixed-Methods Research. Sociological Research Online, 25 (1). https://doi.org/10.1177/1360780419849437
- Yin, R. K. (2017). Case Study Research and Applications Design and Methods (6th Editio). https://www.google.co.id/books/edition/Case_Study_Research_and_Applications/uX1ZDwAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=0