Main Article Content
Purpose: A film entitled Calaccitra Undagi Mahottama (CUM) is used as a model for documenting cultural actors, as a starting point and inspiration for the development of a culture-based creative industry, as suggestions on synergies between villages, local governments, educational institutions, and centers in cultural conservation with digital cultural heritage repositories.
Research methods: This descriptive research empirically examines objects with a qualitative-analytic approach. The research inductively dissects the film CUM as a case object, from concept to process, and then synthesizes a documentary film formulation as a solution to preserving Balinese culture through RDWB.
Findings: Synergy Scheme Map of the Village Video Movement with the Cultural Heritage Digital Repository, with CUM movie as a pilot project. The position of CUM's documentary films is to prioritize cultural preservation through biographical historical information with a historical approach. Bali needs more data collection on cultural resource assets in villages that still need to be appointed.
Implication: The position of the Provincial Government of Bali is to be the leading actor, apart from being the initiator and also the leading actor in the process, supported by educational institutions and related social institutions as cultural curators.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Addison, A., Quintero, M., & Severo, M. (2008). Cultural Heritage Respositories: Digital Archives for Conservation and Management. New York: UNESCO.
- Aufderheide, P. (2007). Documentary Film: A Very Short Introduction. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Budiarta. (2022, Maret 21). balipuspanews.com. Diambil kembali dari Gubernur Koster Komit Muliakan Kebudayaan Bali: https://www.balipuspanews.com/gubernur-koster-komit-muliakan-kebudayaan-bali.html
- Dwijendra, N., & Adhika, I. (2022). The Resilience of Undagi's Role in Traditional Balinese Architecture Based on Asta Kosala Kosali in Bali, Indonesia. Res Militaris Vol. 12 No. 6 Winter, 1099-1113.
- Goris, R. (1954). Prasasti Bali I Diterbitkan Oleh Lembaga Bahasa dan Budaja (Fakultet Sastra dan Filsafat) Universitet Indonesia. Bandung: N.V. Masa Baru.
- Gunawan, Y. (2012). Undagi's Sustainable Architecture Survey on Vernacular Architecture. Their Significance in the 20th Century Architectural Cultural. Oporto: CEAA/ESAP-CESAP.
- Kaler, A. A. (2007). Sejarah Puri Gerenceng Pemecutan Badung dan Salah Satu Warihnya. Denpasar: Puri Agung Gerenceng.
- Lynch, C. (2003). Institutional Repositories: Essential Infrastructure for Scholarship in Digital Age. ARL Bimonthly Report 226, http://www.arl.org/bm-doc/br226.pdf.
- Macrae, G., & Parker, S. (2002). Would the Real Undagi Please Stand up? On the Social Location of Balinese Architectural Knowledge. Bijdragen tot de Taal-, Land- en Volkenkunde 158 No.2, 253-281.
- Noorwatha, I. K. (2022). Diskursus Estetika Arsitektur Bali Pasca 'Gejor' Tahun 1917. In I. Mudra, I. Julianto, & I. Maharani, Dasa Citta Desain jilid II: Desainer Sebagai Pencipta Nilai (pp. 73-93). Denpasar: UPT Penerbitan LP2MPP ISI Denpasar.
- Prabawa, M., & Gunawarman, A. (2020). Settlement as A Tourism Attractions Case Study : Banjar Karang Dalem I Settlement, Desa Bongkasa Pertiwi, Badung Regency, Bali-Indonesia. Journal of Architectural Research and Education Vol.2 (2), 134-143.
- Rachmat, I., Abdurahman, & Sumartono. (2019). Media Pengembangan Pengetahuan Budaya Tradisional Indonesia Melalui Industri Kreatif Film Dokumenter. Jakarta: Uniersitas Esa Unggul.
- Smith, N., & Rock, J. (2014). Documentary as a Statement: Defining Old Genre In A New Age. Journal of Media Practice, 1-5.
- Stuart-Fox, D. J. (2010). Pura Besakih: Pura, Agama, dan Masyarakat Bali. Denpasar: Pustaka Larasan, Udayana Univesity Press, KITLV Jakarta.
- Vickers, A. (2013). Bali A Paradise Created. Singapore: Tuttle Publishing.
- UNESCO. (2009). UNESCO Framework for Cultural Statistics. New York: UNESCO.